Carbon Monoxide Detector
Install carbon monoxide (CO) detectors on every level of your home. Locate them in or near bedrooms and change the batteries yearly.
- Protecting Your Family from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning (Parachute Canada)
- Protecting Children from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning (Health Canada)
- Carbon Monoxide (Canada Safety Council)
Protect your family from this harmful gas, the second leading cause of lung cancer. Buy a radon test kit - available at hardware stores and online - to measure the radon level in your home.
- ReduceRadon.ca (CPCHE)
- Take Action on Radon (Lung Association)
- Radon Quiz (Lung Association)
- Radon Reduction Guide for Homeowners (Health Canada)
- How to Fix My Radon Problem? (Health Canada)
- Radon – Another Reason to Quit (Health Canada)
- To find a certified radon professional: Canadian National Radon Proficiency Program
- Where to buy a radon test kit (Lung Association)